SEEDS - 28th Anniversary
SEEDS NGO – 28th Anniversary day of our immense development works for the rural men, women, artisans, farmers, fishermen. We extend our whole-hearted thanks to all our supporters for this reach of noble milestone.
SEEDS Society on 10.05.2023:
1. SEEDS CBBO organized a review for its Regional Co-ordinators of FPOs @ our residential SEEDS RESOURCE CENTER, T.Kallupatty. In this meeting all the RCs who are coordinating 83 FPOs of Tamil Nadu Partcipated. RCs are reviewed individually on the Progress on the April 2023 deliverable achievements & appreciated for their work completion.
2. Action plan for May 2023 drafted with the focus on PRIORITY works to be attended. Issues in field / claims discussed in detail & strategic way for sorting them advised & guided.
3. Particular to the FPO registration of NCDC sanction year 2022-23, steps have been guided towards completion of 6 Agri based FPOs & 2 Fisher men based FPOs.
4. For the already registered 6 FPOs of NCDC, Block coordinators are oriented towards fulfilling the deliverables of the FPO management cost claims to be done within a week.These 6 block Coordinators are now being recommended as CEO for the FPCSL by SEEDS CBBO to the Board of FPCSL & DR office. CEO will get remuneration of Rs 25000/- per month from the date of Regsitration. Their roles & responsibilities explained.
5. SEEDS CBBO Appreciated Mr. Chinnamurugan, the Regional coordinator, Madurai Region with a cash award of Rs 5000/- for his coordinated efforts on first FPO registration @ Virudhunagar district under NCDC sanction year 2022- 23 – out of total 12 numbers sanctioned for SEEDS Society.
6. Afternoon the entire team discussed with M/S. Samunnati on the possibility of taking the FPO business plan in a consolidated way by aggregating the PRODUCE, tie up with the Potential market & Buyers discussed. A plan derived for appraising this new initiative to the FPO Board & staff planned as immediate proceedings.
SEEDS SOCIETY on 28.04.2023:
SEEDS Society, a 28 years old NGO structured a meeting with the PRADAN, a Pioneer 40 years of serving development Organization & SEEDS Group of Virudhunagar district FPOs to work in partnership on the convergence aspects- social security schemes to the farmers, inputs, output marketing, Credit needs, Livelihood improvements of the small & marginal farmers of the FPO & soil, water conservation, its effective usage to increase the Productivity from the ongoing watershed projects. This is a step towards the Sustainability of FPO Operations & improved income generation through GAP, technology & schemes of the Government.
SEEDS RI promoted – 11 FPOs participated & CEOs have shared their existing potential for this partnership, convergence & working with PRADAN. This event happened @ SEEDS FPCL, Mallankinar, Virudhunagar district. The overall picture on the development works done so far by the SEEDS NGO have been highlighted in this meet & is being appreciated by the visiting officials of PRADAN. Exploring the most possible way is ON PROGRESS.
SEEDS SOCIETY @ its 28th Anniversary:
SEEDS Society formed in the year 1995 @ Athipatty, Aruppukottai & celebrating its 28th Anniversary day on 21.04.2023. We are working with 118 Projects, serving around 5.48 Lakhs individual beneficiaries with staff strength of 305. Presently we are focusing on Water and soil conservation works through watershed projects, Collectivization and Marketing of farm PRODUCE through FPO Projects, Organic Agriculture Promotion works are in progress with Cotton, Pulses, Pepper, Coffee etc & exploring the market potential of overseas enabling export from FPOs. We facilitated the convergence schemes of the Government to the target beneficiaries there by setting a sustainable model, improving the farmers’ income & local economy. We are having a Professional team to manage the Projects towards grass root level achievements. This 28th Anniversary is a progress of our immense development works for the rural men, women, artisans, farmers & fishermen. We extend our whole-hearted thanks to all our Partners, Supporters & Well wishers for this reach of noble milestone.
SEEDS SOCIETY on 17 to 19.04.2023:
SEEDS Society empanelled as a Cluster based business organization ( CBBO) by the implementing agencies ( NABARD, SFAC, TNSFAC, NCDC & AQUA NCDC) have promoted 100 FPOs since from 2014 covering the states, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha & Pondicherry.
Among this 100 FPOs 95 are Crop based & 05 numbers are Fishermen & women based.
For our promoted Fishermen FPO we have conducted training on General Management of Fisheries Enterprises for three days at our Resource Center, T.Kallupatty which is having the boarding & lodging facilities for 40 members at a time. This capacity building is fund supported by NCDC, RO, Chennai.
Most of the participated fisher women members expressed their thanks, as they are coming out from Manamelkudi village, Pudukkottai district for the first time for three days residential training. They learned about the value addition of fish, sea weed culture, Cage culture of fish, fish amino acid production to improve the income of the fishermen households & specifically to get an earning by women members of the family.
Many such programmes are going to be conducted in future.
SEEDS SOCIETY on 14.04.2023:
SEEDS Society empanelled as a Cluster based business organization ( CBBO) by the implementing agencies ( NABARD, SFAC, TNSFAC, NCDC & AQUA NCDC) have promoted 100 FPOs since from 2014 covering the states, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha & Pondycherry.
The first formed Producer Company out of the total 100 is the Seeds FPCL situated at Mallankinar, Virudhunagar district. It was promoted under the funding support of NABARD, RO, Chennai in the year 2014. Now this FPC is with a shareholder farmer strength of around 6000 farmers with an integrated value addition unit of Pulses, Community RO water, Idly batter production, nursery, weekly Friday farmer market.
This weekly market – The Rural Haat is now improved with the fund support from NABARD & is being inaugurated by Honorable Minister for the Industry investment promotion & Commerce Thiru. Thangam Thennarasu, GoTN on 14.04.2023 in the presence of Dr. V.P. Jeyaseelan, IAS, District Collector & Mr. Rajasureshwaran, DDM, NABARD, Virudhunagar district. Inauguration of F- MART, 300 MT Dry storage facilities for the farmers and welfare schemes for the Village watershed committees also facilitated by the Minister.